CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT YAKULT
Version MAY 2018
Yakult Italia srl is sensitive to privacy issues surrounding use of customer information. Protection of privacy is extremely important to us. The instances in which Yakult does collect and use information are specifically described in this Privacy Statement and for which we took into account the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement describes how your personal data is processed by Yakult in connection with the services (“Services”) we provide to you. These Services include:
- All our Yakult websites, and any other website operated by us;
- Any (mobile) sites, applications, widgets, and other (mobile) interactive features; and
- Other services that we may offer in connections with the two points mentioned above, such as rewards programs offered through our official social media pages as well as through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you.
This statement also describes the rights you have in respect of your personal data being collected and processed by Yakult. If you have any questions regarding this statement, you can contact us via the contact details included in this statement. Please read this statement carefully before you start using our Services.
The controllers of the processing of your personal data (meaning the parties that are responsible) are: Yakult Italia srl and Yakult Europe B.V. (together ‘we’ or ‘Yakult’). Yakult Italia srl is established in Italia, in Milano, Via Vincenzo Monti 51 (20123) . Yakult Europe B.V. is established in the Netherlands, in Almere at the Schutsluisweg 1 (1332EN).
Yakult Italia srl will be your first point of contact for privacy and data protection related matters. Yakult Europe provides for central personal data processing activities for all Yakult EU entities, and will assist Yakult Italia srl where necessary.
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on the Service, we may ask you to provide us with the following personal data:
- Name, address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Consumption habits
- Postal code
- Family composition
We will derive the following personal data from your use of our Services (with your consent were required):
- IP address
- personal characteristics, such as hobbies and interests, location
- Online behavior when you use our Services, e.g. whether or not you click on content or on items on Yakult emails / newsletter
- Type of your mobile device (computer, laptop, mobile)
How do we collect your personal data?
- We collect personal data because you provide this data to us, for instance when you sign up for more information, news and events from Yakult. Certain information will be always required when you sign up, for instance the details we need to contact you, like your email address and name (and country) or the information we need to verify that you are eligible to enter into a contest. These mandatory fields are the minimal data we need from you to provide you with the requested Service. Other personal data we will ask you to provide voluntarily like gender or hobbies and activities that you like. Such personal data will usually be added to your profile.
- We may receive your personal data from people with whom you are friends or third parties.
Why and how we use your personal data
Below we describe why and how we usually process your personal data. Where we have other purposes of use of your personal data, we will inform you thereof separately.
- We use your personal data to provide you with our customer care services, like responding to your enquiries and complaints and fulfilling your requests, such as to respond to your questions and comments. In this way, we can learn from your complaints and help you as much as we can. We protect your rights by limiting the data we collect from you for this purpose and by limiting the retention period of this personal data.
- We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this privacy statement.
- We use your personal data to allow you to take part in our promotions and contests. In this way, we can keep you as our customer engaged in Yakult and its activities. We protect your rights by informing you of this use of your personal data and letting you opt-out whenever you wish.
- With your consent, we use your personal data to keep you engaged in and informed of Yakult’s products and Services (direct marketing), provide you with tailored news, information updates and announcements via our marketing communication that might be of interest to you, send you promotions and invite you to participate in our special programs or local events. As permitted by applicable law, will contact you by email, telephone, , or post . We protect your rights by informing you of our activities in this scope and by letting you opt-out every time we communicate with you.
- We use your personal data for our business purposes, such as market research, enhancing our Services, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring our website experience and content based on your past activities on the websites . Where we can, we will use aggregate/anonymous data for these business purposes.
Information on profiling
In addition to the purposes of use as described in this paragraph we also use your personal data to build your profile. Where such information is available to us, your profile will consist of your gender, age, open rate and click trough rate, topics clicked on, participation of an activity, type of activities that is participated and other information that is provided by you to us via marketing communication or consumer research. We use this profile to inform you better our Yakult products and services, for instance by adjusting the website you view or the newsletter you receive to your interests. If you do not wish us to build and use your profile, please contact us via email@example.com.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We may give other parties access to your personal data:
- Our third party service providers, such as our customer relationship management service provider, data processors, our market research service provider and other information technology service providers (e.g. our e-mailing service).
- Third parties with whom we cooperate for our events, contests or other activities.
These transfers may include the transfer of personal data to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have a level of personal data protection similar to the EU. Yakult will ensure that these transfers are based on appropriate safeguards, including the use of EU Model Clauses, to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. A copy of these safeguards can be requested via the contact details under ‘Your rights’.
We will not share your data with third parties unless there is a specific legitimate business reason for Yakult to instruct such third party to fulfil Yakult’s activities by using your data.
- We will keep personal data we obtain in relation to your questions, complaints and inquiries, during 3 months after we fully addressed your question, complaint or enquiry, to see if we helped you sufficiently or if you require more information or assistance. In deviation hereof, we will keep your name and e-mail address for 1 year after a complaint to address fake or malicious complaints. After these periods, we will delete your personal data as provided to us via the contact form, unless we are required by tax legislation to keep the personal data longer.
- Unless you have consented to future news, events and information, we will keep personal data we obtained in relation to promotions and contests, for the period of that activity and for 3 months thereafter to be able to address any questions or outstanding matters. After that we will delete your personal data related to that activity, except for any financial data on reimbursements, which we will store as long as required by applicable tax legislation.
- We will keep your profile for 24 months since your last activity with us, as we believe your activity with us shows that you are still interested in receiving communications from us that are adjusted to your interests. We measure your last activity by: assessing whether or not you opened our newsletters or other digital communication, what links you click on and whether or not you enroll in our promotion, or contests.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by Yakult. This means that Yakult will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, retention periods and categories of third party recipients.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by Yakult based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to Yakult will be provided to you in a common machine readable format (data portability).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, to make sure we do not violate any other person’s privacy and to handle your request efficiently. All identity check documents will thereafter be disposed of securely.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this privacy statement
The website and services from Yakult may change from time to time. For this reason, Yakult may need to change or add information to this statement. We will make sure that we make it prominently clear on our website when we have changed our privacy statement. In case of substantial changes, we will inform you of our new privacy statement via the contact details we have from you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
This website is operated by Yakult Italia srl. The information provided through this website is intended only for residents of Malta . No other person should rely or act upon any information contained in this website and information available is not relevant to any other countries or territories.