ONLINE COLLABORATION PRIVACY STATEMENT YAKULT
Version November 2019
This privacy statement describes how your personal data is processed by Yakult in connection with any online collaboration means (e.g. Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive) that we use to work on a specific project or document with you in our Microsoft Office 365 environment (the “Service”).
The controller of the processing of your personal data (meaning the party that is responsible) is the Yakult entity you are collaborating with. You can find the name of the entity in the e-mail that you may receive in the context of the collaboration or in documents in which you are collaborating with employees of that specific Yakult entity. The Yakult controller for this privacy statement is legally represented by Yakult Europe B.V. established in Almere, the Netherlands at Schutsluisweg 1 (1332 EN). Yakult Europe B.V. will be your first point of contact for privacy and data protection related matters in relation to personal data that is processed in the context of the Service.
How do we collect your personal data?
When you collaborate with us online, we will ask you to sign up to this Service, your collaboration will create meta data and audit data in the back-end of the Service and your contribution to chat’s, call’s and shared documents will also create personal data.
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Your name, telephone number, e-mail address, account name and IP number. Your account name may be an e-mail address or an account name that you have selected. The following information will be linked to your account name:
- Message body, content of your contribution to shared documents, communications meta data (e.g. length of Skype call or chat) and audit logs related to how you interacted with our online collaboration services.
- How you interact with the Service, what you communicate to other participants and the content of your contribution to shared documents.
Why and how we use your personal data
Below we describe why and how we usually process your personal data.
We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this privacy statement.
We use the personal data that we collect in the context of the Service to enable that we can work together in a project. Meta data and audit data can be used to ensure that the Service is used in a safe and legally compliant manner. If we get a third party claim it may be that we are required to provide chat messages and other content that you created to help us defend our interests or as required in the context of a legal discovery.
For most of these purposes our processing ground is our legitimate interest in collaborating with you in an efficient manner. When we provide content in the course of legal proceedings, we do that to serve our legitimate interest in defending ourselves against legal claims or initiating legal claims.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We may give the following third parties access to your personal data: our third-party service providers, such as our customer relationship management service provider, the provider of our office automation services and other information technology service providers (e.g. our e-mailing service). We will not share your data with third parties unless there is a specific legitimate business reason for Yakult to instruct such third party to fulfil Yakult’s activities by using your data.
Any transfer to a third party may include the transfer of personal data to other countries. We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
Personal data retained in content that is stored in our online collaboration services will be archived as part of the related content after the project in which you collaborated with us has terminated. Meta data and audit data related to online collaboration services will be deleted after 90 days by Microsoft Office 365 in accordance with their general retention policy for Microsoft Office 365 data.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by Yakult. This means that Yakult will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, retention periods and categories of third-party recipients.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by Yakult based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to Yakult will be provided to you in a common machine readable format (data portability).
We ask you not to share any financial or personal information in the online collaboration platform and to delete your own personal information before the end of the online collaboration. Taken this into consideration, you can exercise your rights by contacting Yakult Europe B.V. via email@example.com. Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, such as a photo ID or a utility bill to make sure we do not violate any other person’s privacy and to handle your request efficiently. All identity check documents will thereafter be disposed of securely.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.