YEU Stakeholder PRIVACY STATEMENT YAKULT
Version October 2019
Yakult Europe B.V. is sensitive to privacy issues surrounding use of personal information. Protection of privacy is extremely important to us. The instances in which Yakult does collect and use information are specifically described in this Privacy Statement and for which we took into account the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement describes how your personal data is processed by Yakult in connection with the services(“Services”) we provide to you. These Services include all campaigns and events.
This statement also describes the rights you have in respect of your personal data being collected and processed by Yakult. If you have any questions regarding this statement, you can contact us via the contact details included in this statement. Please read this statement carefully before you start using our Services.
The controllers of the processing of your personal data (meaning the parties that are responsible) are: Yakult Europe B.V. and Yakult Operating companies in Europe (together ‘we’ or ‘Yakult’). Yakult Europe B.V. is established in Almere, the Netherlands, at the Schutsluisweg 1 (1332EN).
Yakult Euope B.V. will be your first point of contact for privacy and data protection related matters. Yakult Europe provides for central personal data processing activities for all Yakult EU entities, and will assist them. where necessary.
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on the Service, we may ask you to provide us with the following personal data:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Dietary requirement, allergies
- Job title, function
We will derive the following personal data from your use of our Services (with your consent were required):
- CV, profile photo
How do we collect your personal data?
- We collect personal data because you provide this data to us, for instance when you accept our invitation for participating of our campaign or events . Certain information will be always required when you sign up, for instance the details we need to contact you, like your email address and name or the information.. These mandatory fields are the minimal data we need from you to provide you with the requested Service. Other personal data we will ask you to provide voluntarily . Such personal data will usually be added to your profile.
Why and how we use your personal data
Below we describe why and how we usually process your personal data. Where we have other purposes of use of your personal data, we will inform you thereof separately.
- We use your personal data to complete and fulfill your registration for our activities (like event or campaign) or to communicate with you regarding your reservation and provide you with related services.
- We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this privacy statement.
- We use your personal data to complete and fulfill your reservation for our factory visits or any other Yakult events, for example, to process your payments, to communicate with you regarding your reservation and provide you with related customer service.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We may give other parties access to your personal data:
- Third parties with whom we cooperate for our events and campaign.
These transfers may include the transfer of personal data to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have a level of personal data protection similar to the EU. Yakult will ensure that these transfers are based on appropriate safeguards, including the use of EU Model Clauses, to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. A copy of these safeguards can be requested via the contact details under ‘Your rights’.
All Customer contact records including other information are retained until 2 years after the person in question retires and/or is not active anymore in the function that was originally of interest to Yakult. This information is also deleted if the Customer has deceased. Publications of the Customer can be retained beyond the term of 2 years. The owner of this policy can apply an exception to the general retention rule if retaining the record serves a particular business interest of Yakult that legitimizes a longer retention period while taking into account the interests of the concerned individual.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by Yakult. This means that Yakult will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, retention periods and categories of third party recipients.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by Yakult based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to Yakult will be provided to you in a common machine readable format (data portability).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, such as a photo ID or a utility bill to make sure we do not violate any other person’s privacy and to handle your request efficiently. All identity check documents will thereafter be disposed of securely.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this privacy statement
The website and services from Yakult may change from time to time. For this reason, Yakult may need to change or add information to this statement. We will make sure that we make it prominently clear on our website when we have changed our privacy statement. In case of substantial changes, we will inform you of our new privacy statement via the contact details we have from you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
This website is operated by Yakult Europe B.V.. The information provided through this website is intended only for residents of EU. No other person should rely or act upon any information contained in this website and information available is not relevant to any other countries or territories.